Memory foam mattresses are the best comfort-boasting sleeping surface that your breeds are really eligible for demanding. These mattresses provide firm support with a plush upper layer that highly relieves your pets against daytime pains and discomforts.
The memory foam beds are suitable for both fluffiness-demanding pups and extra-firmness lovers of matured dogs. This article discusses the features and benefits of the best memory foam mattresses for your breeds.
Table of Contents
- 1 Top 5 Popular Memory Foam Beds for Dogs
- 2 How To Select The Perfect Memory Foam Bed for Your Dog?
- 3 Top 5 Memory Foam Beds For Dogs
- 4 Comparison of Above 5 Memory Foam Dog Beds
- 5 Editor’s Choice: Best Memory Foam Bed for Dogs
Top 5 Popular Memory Foam Beds for Dogs
How To Select The Perfect Memory Foam Bed for Your Dog?
Considering the following factors will help to make your memory foam dog bed purchase decision easy and effective!
1. Size of Your Breed
The breed’s size is the major point that decides the suitability of the mattress. Almost all the memory foam mattresses are available in different size charts such as small, medium, large and extra-large.
So, whenever you are about to purchase the pet bed, consider the size of your breed and select the mattress size that best fits your dog. Go for the mattress with a sleeping space that is neither too small nor too big for your pet.
2. Raised-Rim Vs Flat Mattress
The memory foam mattresses for pets can be of flat or bolster designs. The flatbed is just the flat design that stays best for large dogs that require more sleeping space.
Also, it suits well for breeds that sleep in a sprawled-up position. A flatbed is also a great option if your dog is more playful.
The mattress with bolster is another design that has a soft and fluffy raised rim. This design provides a warm and snuggly feel that stays more apt for small and medium-sized dogs.
It also suits the breeds that sleep by curling up. Its cuddle-like design also prevents accidental slipping events.
So, by considering your breed’s sleeping position and size, you can decide between flat and bolster designs.
3. Plush OR Orthopedic Mattress
This part decides the firmness level of your mattress. If you have matured dog, it requires the extra-thick, orthopedic mattress to relieve its arthritis, body pains, etc., and enjoy prolonged sleeping hours.
The plush mattress is generally soft and fluffy that stays highly suited for puppies and medium-sized breeds. This type of mattress provides ideal firmness that is suitable for smaller dogs.
4. Indoor Vs Outdoor Purpose
Almost all the memory foam mattresses stay fit for indoor usage. But for outdoor Kennel and crate usage, you have to be sure about the weather resistance and durability features of the mattress.
These beds have to be more resistant to the weather and water staining events. Also, make sure the size of the mattress suites the kennel size to uplift the comfort of your dogs.
5. Water-Resistant Feature
Water-resistant is again the most important feature that helps to protect your core mattress against stains and messes. It helps to improve the durability of your mattress.
Hence, while making your purchase decision, inspect the presence of water-liners and their resisting capability to make your purchase worth it.
6. Additional Features
While selecting the memory foam mattress, you can also look for its additional features such as cooling gel infusions, temperature-adjustability feature, provision of the outer layer, etc.,
These add-on features further comfort your dog’s dozing surface and help it enjoy deep and undisturbed relaxation. Also, check if the memory foam used is safe for dogs.
Top 5 Memory Foam Beds For Dogs
Out of n number of products available in the market, this article discusses the top 5 memory foam mattresses along with their features, pros, and cons!
1. KOPEKS Extra Large Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed
Best for Colossal Canine
KOPEKS Extra Large Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed provides a comfortable and firmer sleeping zone to your large and matured canines.
It has 7 inches of thickness with high-quality memory foam that promises ergonomic support. This thick mattress acts as a great spot for treating your old dog’s arthritis, muscle, and joint pains.
It also has a 2.5-inches in-built pillow that allows the matured dogs to comfortably rest their heads while dozing in the sprawled-out position. Its extra-large size makes this suited for large breeds.
This mattress has a water-proof zippered cover that is made of soft, lush, and comfy suede fabric. The zippered feature makes your removing and washing process easy and protects your bed from accidental messes.
Highlighted Features of KOPEKS Extra Large Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed
- Extra-large 7-inches thick mattress that ensures firmer and ergonomic support.
- 2.5 inches in-built pillow allows comfortable headrest benefit.
- Both the mattress and pillow are made of high-quality, hypoallergenic memory foam.
- Has suede fabrics water-resistant zippered outer cover.
Key Benefits of KOPEKS Extra Large Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed
- Provides a spacious and comfortable sleeping zone that stays unique for the larger breed types.
- It relieves the breed’s body pains.
- This mattress provides comfy-cum-firmer surface that allows your dog to enjoy undisturbed relaxation.
- KOPEKS is one of the best sellers of pet accessories and has the advantage of customer confidence.
Drawbacks of KOPEKS Extra Large Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed
- It has a limited water-resistant feature. Hence, when the liquid stays too long over the mattress, it has higher chances of leaking into the core.
2. Dogbed4less Premium Memory Foam Dog Bed
Value for Money
Dogbed4less Premium Memory Foam Dog Bed is a gel-infused, premium-quality memory foam mattress that provides a supreme comfy feel to your breeds.
It has 100% solid memory foam filling that ensures intense orthopedic benefits to relieve your pet against arthritis. This feature also prolongs the shelf-life of the mattress and firm and ergonomic support.
The gel-infusion feature makes the sleeping zone cooling and more breathable. It maintains the sleeping temperature and helps your pet to enjoy deep and comfortable naps. It also makes the layer plush and provides pressure point relief benefits.
This mattress has heavyweight 100% cotton denim zippered outer cover with a high-breathable feature. It ensures utmost comfort and prolonged durability.
It has removable and machine washable features that ease your cleaning process. It also provides one internal water-proof zipper cover that resists the staining of liquids to the mattress.
The kit also provides one additional MicroSuede external case that you can use to replace the denim cover for washing or other purposes.
Highlighted Features of Dogbed4less Premium Memory Foam Dog Bed
- Provides three smart outer layers that include one zippered internal water-liner, one cotton denim external outer cover, and one replacement MicrSuede outer cover.
- 100% solid, premium quality, hypoallergenic memory foam mattress.
- Have cooling gel infusion.
- Available in four different sizes of small, medium-large, large, and Zumbo to suit your breed’s requirement.
Key Benefits of Dogbed4less Premium Memory Foam Dog Bed
- It ensures an ultra-comfort sleeping zone with firmer and ergonomic support.
- An extra-filled mattress provides the best orthopedic benefit.
- The solid feature of the mattress prevents the flattening events that improve the productivity of your purchase.
- Has temperature-controlling benefit to keep the surface cool.
- Cotton denim outer cover ensures prolonged durability with easily removable and machine washable benefits.
- It has the best water-resistant feature that improves the shelf-life of the mattress and prevents staining.
- It helps restless sleepers to enjoy deep and undisturbed doze.
Drawbacks of Dogbed4less Premium Memory Foam Dog Bed
- Since the outer cover is cotton denim, frequent washing is necessary to keep it clean.
3. Bolux Memory Foam Pet Bed
Best for Dog Kennel
Bolux Memory Foam Pet Bed is the best mattress for small and medium-sized breeds that requires a soft and cozy sleeping surface.
It has a super-soft filling that ensures a plush layer with ideal firmness to relieves your pet against body fatigue, hip dysplasia, joint pain, and arthritis.
The presence of raised-rim cushion support eases up the head and neck positioning. Its closed design best suit the pets who love to doze by curling up.
It is a lightweight and portable mattress that you can use for both indoor and outdoor crate and kennel purposes. It also has an easily removable and machine-washable outer cover.
Highlighted Features of Bolux Memory Foam Pet Bed
- It has a soft memory foam with a concave-convex design on the top layer and durable support foam as the base layers.
- It has fluffy four-sided bolsters.
- It is a lightweight and portable pet bed for indoor and kennel usage.
- It has removable and machine-washable outer layers.
Key Benefits of Bolux Memory Foam Pet Bed
- It best suits the small and medium-sized breeds that require a comfy and plush sleeping surface.
- Provides Orthopedic benefits with pressure-point relieving and high breathability features.
- Ensures comfortable resting pads for better positioning of the head and neck.
- It furnishes the snuggly and cuddle-like feel.
- Provides anti-slip benefits to the puppies that prevent the accidental fall-off during the dozing period.
- Easy cleaning benefits.
- Available in four sizes of small, medium, large, and extra-large.
Drawbacks of Bolux Memory Foam Pet Bed
- Not suited for matured or older breeds that require super-firm support.
- Do not have sufficient water-resistant inner cover that leads to staining.
4. Asvin Memory Foam Orthopedic Dog Bed
Asvin Memory Foam Orthopedic Dog Bed is a slow rebound, soft memory foam mattress that best suits the medium to large playful dog breeds.
It has temperature-sensitivity features that the mattress adjusts itself to suit your breed’s position and body temperature and provide a comfortable sleeping zone accordingly.
It also has a non-skid, ergonomic base that protects your pets against skidding and tossing. Its high-quality feature makes it suited for both indoor and outdoor crate purposes.
The presence of therapeutic gel infusion provides viscoelasticity that relieves and relaxes your pet against body pains and arthritis while making the surface soft and comfy.
This mattress comes along with two additional layers. It includes one faux fur external outer cover that provides a fluffy layer and one internal water liner to resist stains and messes reaching the core.
Both these additional layers have a zippered feature that you can easily remove and machine wash to make them super-clean!
Highlighted Features of Asvin Memory Foam Orthopedic Dog Bed
- It is a soft and slow rebound memory foam mattress with therapeutic gel infusions.
- This memory foam dog bed has temperature-adjustability benefits.
- It provides one faux fur external cover and one internal water liner.
- Available in multiple sizes of medium, large and extra-large beds that you can choose based on your breed’s requirement.
Key Benefits of Asvin Memory Foam Orthopedic Dog Bed
- It provides a fluffy sleeping zone for medium to large dogs.
- Best suit the playful dog breeds to enjoy luxurious comfort.
- Provides ergonomic support to prevent tossing events.
- It has a self-warming feature that helps your breed to enjoy deep sleep.
- The high water-resistant feature prolongs the life of the dog bed and prevents staining.
- Easily removable and quick machine-washable outer covers.
- It is useful for both indoor and outdoor crate purposes.
- Despite its best features and benefits, it is a great budget-friendly product with an affordable price range.
Drawbacks of Asvin Memory Foam Orthopedic Dog Bed
- Not so comfortable for puppies.
5. JOYELF Memory Foam Dog Bed
Best for Puppies
JOYELF Memory Foam Dog Bed is a solid memory foam mattress with firm support that best comforts your pets against arthritis, joint, and hip pains.
Its cuddle-like design with padded bolsters on all sides ensures a high look with great non-slipping support to the puppies. These bolsters are big and fluffy enough that ensures comfortable resting of your pet’s neck and paws.
The presence of built-in nonslip rubber material provides ergonomic support that again prevents your pet from slipping down.
Apart from puppies, this mattress also provides remarkable comfort and a fluffy sleeping zone to the matured dogs. This mattress has high-quality, fire-retardant memory foam material that provides a soft and safer sleeping zone.
This mattress has an internal water liner that prevents staining events and an external PP cotton zippered outer cover with tear-resistant and breathable features. The zippered outer cover is easily removable and machine washable.
Highlighted Features of JOYELF Memory Foam Dog Bed
- This dog bed has a solid memory foam mattress with super-firm support for matured dogs.
- It has four-sided bolsters that provide a cuddle-like, warm feel to the puppies.
- JOYELF Memory Foam Dog Bed has built-in non-slip rubber material in the base layer.
- It provides an external zippered outer cover and an internal water liner.
- It has a bone-like squeaker toy to add fun for the puppies.
Key Benefits of JOYELF Memory Foam Dog Bed
- The firmer and ergonomic sleeping surface helps older dogs to relieve their arthritis and hip pains during sleeping.
- The presence of bolsters provides a non-slipping sleeping zone for the puppies.
- Outer covers prevent the staining of liquids and prolong the life of the mattress while making the surface warm and comfy.
- The external cover is easy to remove and wash.
Drawbacks of JOYELF Memory Foam Dog Bed
- The outer cover requires frequent washing.
Comparison of Above 5 Memory Foam Dog Beds
|Memory Foam Dog Bed||Bed Thickness||Design||Orthopedic Feature||Suitability||Additional Features|
|KOPEKS Extra Large Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed||7-inches thickness.||Flatbed with an in-built pillow.||Yes||Large and matured dogs.||Hypoallergenic memory foam. Has interior water liner with exterior plush suede cover.|
|Dogbed4less Premium Memory Foam Dog Bed||4-inches thickness.||Flatbed.||Yes||Breeds of all sizes.||Gel-infused solid memory foam. Provides one water-liner with two outer covers. Ensures longer durability.|
|Bolux Memory Foam Pet Bed||4-inches thickness.||Mattress with four-sided bolsters.||Yes||Ideal for pups and medium-sized dogs.||Best for kennels and crates. Has a removable outer cover.|
|Asvin Memory Foam Orthopedic Dog Bed||Available in 3-4 inches thickness.||Flatbed.||Yes.||Medium to extra large dogs.||Budget-friendly product with temperature sensitivity and viscoelasticity benefits. Suited for crate usage.|
|JOYELF Memory Foam Dog Bed||6-inches thickness.||Mattress with four-sided bolsters.||No||Pups and medium-sized dogs.||Made of solid and fire-retardant memory foam material. Has an anti-slip feature. Has internal water liner with the removable outer layer.|
Editor’s Choice: Best Memory Foam Bed for Dogs
- SMART DESIGN - This bed comes with x1 gel cooling memory foam pad, x1 Water proof internal zipper cover, x1 Denim external zipper cover + x1 Free bonus MicroSuede brown external case. Ideal for larger size or multiple medium dogs: 47 x 29 x 4 inch can easily hold 150+ pounds.
- EASY TO CLEAN DENIM COVER - Machine washable heavy weight jeans denim cover in navy blue color. Second layer waterproof liner easily combat accidents and keep your dog’s bed looking and smelling fresh and clean. The bonus MicroSuede brown second external cover is a great replacement while you need to clean the denim cover.
- TRUE ORTHOPEDIC MEMORY FOAM DOG BED - Unlike other lower cost multi-layer partial memory foam, we do not cut corners and only offer 3.2 lbs high density solid memory foam similar to high end human therapeutic mattress stores to promote deeper sleep and healthy joint for many years.
- SUPERIOR MATERIALS - Better than your average human grade mattress with conforming therapeutic comfort to reduce joint pain (arthritis) and improve health, mobility, & energy. Pad will not flatten overtime to contours to your dog's figure and improve body alignment. Not Suitable for pets with destructive chewing behavior.
- GIFT THE BEST - Full layer of true therapeutic memory foam + heavyweight cover, quality construction and smart features providing many years of comfort and support with excellent value for your money. Try it yourself and you will love it too. This bed also fits into XL 48x30 or 30x48 inches crate.
Dogbed4less Premium Memory Foam Dog Bed has the best overall features with value-for-money benefits. It is a gel-infused memory foam mattress that provides optimum support and Orthopedic benefits.
It also has higher durability. It provides ergonomic support that prevents tossing and falling off while your pooch is sleeping. It also has better breathability and temperature control benefit that makes the surface more comfortable.
This memory foam dog bed has an internal water-liner that resist stains and two external covers. It is also available in multiple sizes. So, this mattress tends to provide a more satisfying result comparatively.
Memory foam mattresses remarkably improve the sleeping comfort and period of your beloved breeds. They pamper your dogs with optimum firmness and lovable fluffiness. Also, they promise the best Orthopedic support and relieve your pooch from worrying pains and discomforts.
All the above-mentioned mattresses are best in one way or another and they are selected based on their uniqueness. So, you can select one of them after considering the buying criteria and provide a mesmerizing dozing experience to your canine!